Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hoolie Time

A reminder to nab your tickets to the Elders' second biggest gig of the year, the annual Hoolie at the Midland Theater downtown, March 13th. Hard to believe this is the 8th annual. I remember the first time I saw the Elders, long before the Ian era. I was getting ready to leave O'Dowd's on the Plaza when then GM Brendan McGonigle told me that I should stick around and hear the new band they'd booked. They're called The Elders, he said and they "play the Saw Doctors better than the Saw Doctors do." I stayed for what I think was one of their very first shows and I'm still a fan.

The Hoolie. With special guests Big Smith and the O'Riada dancers. Tickets are $32 a pop and are available online at The Elders online store or ticketmaster.com, or charge by phone by calling 1-800-745-3000. Tickets also on sale at The Midland box office, Sheehan's Irish Imports and Browne's Irish Market. Or better yet, win a free VIP package.

Don't miss it.

No comments: