Friday, February 05, 2010

Band Announcement

Oh boy.

We make our lists, all of us here at Irish Fest HQ. I bet you do, too. The bands you'd just love to see play here at Irish Fest. I have mine. And today I'm checking off a name at the very top here in 2010. One of the most inventive, innovative and original bands to ever come out of Ireland. The band Bono called "extraordinary" and Sinead O'Connor described as "brilliant."

Kila.

Brian Hogan, Dee Armstrong, Eoin Dillon, Lance Hogan, Rossa O Snodaigh, Colm O Snodaigh and Rónán Ó Snodaigh for the first time in Kansas City. If you know them, I'm sure you're as thrilled as I am. And if you don't, allow me to introduce you.


The KC Irish Fest opens in 210 days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a musical feast! I can't wait for the Irish fest ever more now. :D

meteor said...

Kila have been nominated for a Meteor award for Best Folk/Traditional Act.

Danny Regan said...

They're also up for an Oscar for their work on the soundtrack to the animated film "The Secret of Kells."

This is an amazing band and a big booking for us.

Anonymous said...

Looks like another awesome newbie to KCIF. Can't wait to see them live!

Cami