Monday, January 04, 2010

In The News Today

I heard on the radio this morning that today is World Hypnotism Day. So I was thinking...

...that you should stare deeply into my eyes.
You are getting sleepy...your eyelids are getting heavy...sleepy, very sleeeeeeepy...you are totally relaxed but will hear and obey everything I say.  You are now deeply asleep. Okay, now listen.

You will sign up to volunteer at the Kansas City Irish Fest this year. You will sign up for a shift every day, including set up on Friday and tear down on Monday. You will convince all your friends to do the same thing. When your shift is over you will stay at Irish Fest and enjoy all the world class entertainment, displays, good food and cold beverages we present every year. Should you run across Dan Regan at Irish Fest, you will give him a dollar, just because. Should you run across Irish Fest VP Barney Walsh, you will poke him in the ribs, just because. And when Irish Fest is over you will read Tir na Blog every day of the year and marvel at its author's wit and skill.
When I count to three you will wake refreshed and energetic. You will remember nothing that happened here but will obey my commands without question. One...two...three.

Anyway, I forgot what I was going to say, so go back to what you were doing. Have a nice day.

No comments: