Friday, September 21, 2007

Irisch? Nein. Spaß? Ja.

Today, right at the end of a long work week, Oktoberfest takes over Krown Zenter (just getting in the spirit of things, you know) and I think you should go. I'm going.

As I did last year, I'll helpfully tell you why you should too.

Why you, Irish person, should go to Oktoberfest:

1. Nutcrackers. Sweet Weiner Schnitzel, have you ever seen so many damn nut crackers?

2. Pig races! Losers, to the sausage tents!

3. Pig races! With teeny tiny jockeys!

4. You're unlikely to hear bagpipes at Oktoberfest. This is not necessarily a bad thing.

5. Remember that German guy with the glasses in Indiana Jones that got the thing burned into his hand and then his face got melted off when the God beams shot out of the ten commandments box? That was awesome.

6. The chance, however unlikely, that Giselle Bundchen might show up and need a polka partner. If you're a girl, change that to some male German supermodel. I can't think of one.

7. More songs about beer than any country in the world. Also more beer.

8. Scientific tests have shown that you can get all the nutrition you need for an entire weekend from nothing but sausages and beer. And Giselle Bundchen.

9. At Oktoberfest, you can sit and enjoy the music, food and beer instead of running around like a lunatic for 17 hours a day until you're so exhausted you just want to...oh, wait. That one's for me.

10. Ample Oom. Plenty of Pah.


I'm quite sure you're überzeugt by now, so I'll plan on trinken a kalt bier with you this Wochenende down at Krone Mittlere. I have no idea what I just said, but I love the little translation button on my Mac. See yiz at Oktoberfest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danny: you missed one

11. Men in leather pants, hats with feathers, knee high socks. My question. Do those leather shorts not blister the mister?

Anonymous said...

Dan...Gisele Bundchen was actually born and grew up in Brazil...but I'm pretty sure she's been to Germany.

Pat McG