Monday, August 27, 2007

Psssst

People always ask me: Danny, what's the real secret to putting on the country's fastest growing Irish Fest? I don't remember the last time I got through an entire day without somebody asking me that question. Hell, I can't even go to the john without somebody asking me that. It gets kind of irritating, to tell you the truth. But anyway, I'm going to tell you the secret, right here, just between you and me. Listening?

Zip ties.

Irish Fest is almost entirely held together with zip ties. Plus a couple rolls of duct tape. And I'm here to report that the first zip tie of Kansas City Irish Fest 2007 was...uh, zipped at approximately 6:30 this evening when the Terrace Stage banner was hung.

Now we're rolling. 4000 more zip ties over the next few days, and we'll be all set.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you can use them as handcuffs, watch out Jen!

Chuck Denton said...

Dan - besides duct tape that comes in a lot of colors now, I fell in love with velcro strips. They are great! They come in a roll two packs to a roll. I used them to hold up my lighting and some of my products in my vendor's tent. AND THEY ARE REUSEABLE!!!

C Denton