Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Message From Mary Alice

"Thanks to my KCIF Family from the bottom of my back.....

With just a mere 10 days left the KCIF directors and committee heads have had plenty to do! But over the last 5 weeks they have been visiting me on a regular basis, preparing meals for my daughters and I as well as any other nursing duty, or errands, or trips to the hospital that needed to be done! Not to mention the forest of flowers!

Thanks to both the Eds for wonderful dinners, the company of Erin and Sarah for my Italian fix, Dan for my Mexican fix, Keli's sweet and smiling face and "I always have time to fill you in on what's going on" Ronan and Rory's calls and concerns and Patti's truckload of dinners for the next few weeks that have gone in to my freezer. Maureen weekly hysterically comical cards, Kathy's call from the Dublin festival during the rain out, and sweet Gretchen's wonderful meal and flowers. Most of all Shawn's wonderful dinner, that came delivered by her and her daughter-in-law, on crutches! I was pleased to provide Mel with some comic relief as she in turn took me to the drug store one evening and then spent the evening watching chic flicks with me. If it wasn't for this great group I wouldn't have made it to the Splish Splash party on Saturday afternoon and then my first visit to the Gaf in 5 weeks!

If you haven't figured it out yet, this is why we are the best Irish festival around!!!

If you see me walking around the grounds with my LARGE back brace with the bull's eye or Kick Me I'm Irish sign on the back you can stop me to say Hi and lead me in the direction of my best friends Danny Regan and Ed Scanlon!"

Mary Alice Beebe
Secretary of the Board of Directors of the KCIF

Mary Alice is currently recovering from major back surgery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Ed Sullivan is a great friend!






P

Anonymous said...

We are all just glad that you have recovered enough to even walk around at ALL!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for watching my back P.

M A