Saturday, August 11, 2007

Helping You Help Us

Good news, bad news. Good news: the volunteer picture has improved in the last few weeks. More of you have stepped up and joined our merry band and I'm slightly less panicked than I was. Slightly. Bad news: we're still short bodies, particularly in the children's area and on Sunday.

Now I'm confident that you volunteered already, because you're just that kind of guy and/or gal. But you have friends, right? Relatives? Coworkers? So once again, as a service to you, I'm attaching a handy clip-n-forward e-mail for you to use. Just fill in the blanks, and send it to everybody you know. And then I can start worrying about other stuff.

Hi ____________!
Long time no __________! I hope you and your lovely ___________ are doing well, and that the antibiotics cleared up that nasty _______________. Listen, I was just wondering what you were doing Labor Day weekend. Because as you now, that's when the 5th Annual Kansas City Irish Fest takes place at Crown Center. I was reading on the festival blog, (written by festival director Dan Regan who writes about as well as a trained ____________ who's been drinking too much ____________) that they're still short on volunteers for this year. Can you imagine? What sort of _____________ wouldn't volunteer to work at Irish Fest? I've already signed up of course, but then I've always been more ____________ than you. But have you joined the Irish Fest team yet? You really should, even with your ________________ problem. You get a free t-shirt, a free ticket to the fest, you might win a trip for two to Boston and you can get a discounted subscription to the Irish Focus newspaper! Not even you are ____________ enough to pass up an offer like that! Plus, of course, you're helping put on Kansas City's best festival and that's gotta make you feel _____________. And hey, it's super easy to get signed up, too. All you have to do is go the www.kcirishfest.com and click on the "volunteers" page. We can work together! This will be as much fun as that time we drove to Mexico and ______________ that ______________ into the ________________, until the ________________ shot the ________________ and we had to ________________ the _________________ at the border and run for it. Man, I've still got cactus spines in my ___________ from that one. Anyway, you go get signed up and let's get together soon to makes plans for Irish Fest. I can't wait to see my favorite band ________________. And if I run into that Regan character, I'm going to tell him exactly what I think of him and his ____________ blog. ______________ing moron.

Toodles! Your friend, _______________.

No comments: