Friday, June 09, 2006

And A Special Thank You

I'm good at some things. I can draw cartoons. I make the best cherry pie in the world (I'm not kidding). Babies like me.

But computers and all this website stuff that I've recently taken on for the Fest...not so much. I believe the term used in high-tech computer circles for somebody like me is "idiot". So when faced with a task like figuring out how to create music samples and get them up on the Irish Fest website, I need help. I need an expert. I need someone with the knowledge, expertise, and technical savvy to lead me and my 20th century brain through the dizzying world of 21st century technology.

I need an 11 year old.

And luckily, I just happen to have one laying around. The music samples recently posted on the Kansas City Irish Fest website are brought to you by Tommy Regan, my technical advisor, who very patiently and slowly explained to the doddering old man how to make it work.

He's available to solve all your computer problems, too. With any luck he'll charge you less than he charged me.

7 comments:

littleskillet said...

That's me! I did it! And he really was clueless...

Danny Regan said...

Okay, I said he was smart. I didn't say he was nice!

Anonymous said...

He's a cute one! Maybe in about 7 years or so we need to introduce him to that Madeline Knopke...wouldn't they make a lovely pair some day.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tommy!
I knew there had to be some brains behind this whole Dan the Blogger scam.
T in OR

Anonymous said...

Can Tommy help program my VCR?

Anonymous said...

The BEST cherry pie in the world?! I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man. -Ned Pepper

Anonymous said...

Those Regan boys....they are something aren't they! I love having those media samples to share with everyone so they know what's coming to KCIF. Thanks Tommy!
Cybil