Wednesday, May 17, 2006

News Item

From Special Northwest Ireland correspondent Ronan Collins:

MINI TORNADO HITS DONEGAL TOWN, SO IT DOES
The small town of Buncrana, Co Donegal was struck by a powerful 'mini-tornado' last night, so it was. The strong, swirling gust hit the town at around 7:10pm yesterday evening, damaging houses and cars and uprooting trees, so it did. There were no reports of any injuries although residents were left shaken by the incident, so they were. "I felt the house start to shake, so I did. Buckets and bins were flying around the yard and I thought the roof was going to blow off, so I did" local resident John Friel told the Irish Independent, so he did.


If you've ever been to Donegal, you're laughing as hard as I did at Ronan's editing of this item, so you are. I won't even try to tie this one in to Irish Fest, so I won't.

No comments: