Friday, March 31, 2006

Ceol '06

You may have read here earlier that our friends in The Fuchsia Band had recently contributed a song to the double CD and concert Ceol 06 to benefit the charity Concern. Ceol 06 is two discs containing 26 tracks, all sung in Gaeilge by performers like The Corrs, The Saw Doctors, The Frames, The Revs, The Waterboys, and Kila, not to mention KCIF 2006 artists Luka Bloom, John Spillane and the boys from Fuchsia. Máirtín de Cógáin was gracious enough to trade me a copy of the CD for a coffee table and I'm listening to it right now. It's wonderful and you should buy it without delay. There's not a bad song in the bunch. A surprising highlight for me is the Corrs' "Bríd Óg Ní Mháille", and I love Luka Bloom's Irish version of "City of Chicago", "Cathair Mhór Chicago".

Get your copy and help Concern in the great work they do helping the world's poor. It's available here. Get it and let me know what you think.

Slán.

No comments: