Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Say Cheese!

This coming weekend several of your 2012 Kansas City Irish Fest team, including myself, will be headed to the mighty Milwaukee Irish Fest for some R and R and R and R*. I'll be remote blogging from lakeside, so it'll really be like you're there with me. To that end, I apologize if I snore and I think it's your round.

The Milwaukee fest is the granddaddy of us all, the biggest, most famous Irish festival in the world. If you've never been, you owe it to yourself to go. It's amazing. I know that every time I go I come away with equal parts awe and "man, I'm so glad we're not that big." The best things about going to Brewville are the incredible variety of music to preview and audition (it was at Milwaukee three years ago that I called our music master Dave Shaughnessy from in front of the Miller Lite Stage and gave him my strongest recommendation that we book a little band called The Red Hot Chilli Pipers. You're welcome) and seeing dozens of old friends from other Irish festivals across the country who make the annual pilgrimage to MIF. It's very much like a big Irish family reunion only without the fist fights.

So pack your virtual bags and let's go. Should be a great trip.

*Rest, Relaxation, Research and Rírá

No comments: