Monday, April 04, 2011

Winning, Official

Saturday night, Irish Festers including former president Ed Scanlon and his lovely wife Barbara, CEO of Irish Fest genealogy, current president Barney Walsh and his lovely wife Sarah, KCIF Volunteer coordination honcha, Executive Director Keli O'Neill Wenzel and her lovely husband John who co-chairs our Tech committee, and of course me, who does whatever it is I do, and my lovely wife Jennifer O'Hara who works in Irish Fest Sponsor Hospitality, accepted our award for being Grand Prize winners in the 2011 KC St. Patrick's Day parade. We got a lovely plaque which I would show you a picture of, but I'm not sure where it ended up. We also get a large cash prize which we blew at the bar after the ceremony.

Kidding. We will be doing something important and charitable and noble (by which I mean I won't be getting it) with the money, which I'll be telling you about later after we figure out what that thing is.

Thanks to the parade committee for a great night of hospitality and fun and thank you to this year's parade judges for the honor. You are fair, wise and learned people.

1 comment:

martha said...

My suggestion about what to do with the money:

Paddy Keenan, possibly the best piper on the planet, needs surgery. Like most musicians, Irish or otherwise, he has no health insurance.

Any ideas?