Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Kids Today

Kids are lazy.

That's the only thing I can figure. Being a grown-up person, at least chronologically, I work, man. I work at my back-breaking and very stressful regular job of sitting on my arse drawing funny pictures for birthday cards and I work equally hard at this blog, nearly every day except weekends or when I don't feel like it. But kids? Oh no, they can't be bothered. I have like 2 and half of them myself, so I know. They're way too busy skipping and spinning tops and learning to read and whatnot.

Proof? The Kansas City Irish Fest Kids Club Blog, has a new post up today, following close on the heels of their last post on September 29th of last year! You know how many posts I put up since September 29th? Me neither. But it was a bunch, I'll tell you that.

Maybe I'm being too hard on the little whippersnappers, though. They have their whole lives to work and toil and blog. Let them have their carefree little vacation. Life will soon enough crush their spirits and shred their dreams, leaving them a brittle and bitter shell of their pr...but I digress.

Anyway, ta-dah, the Irish Fest Kids Club Blog is back! And they're back with a youthful bang, announcing today the theme of the 2011 Irish Fest Kid's kingdom, and it's going to be tons of fun over there. Get over there and check it out. And check back often to find out all about the great stuff that will be happening for the younger set at Irish Fest.

All you cranky old curmudgeons, you stay here with me.

No comments: