Friday, October 01, 2010

Clang

This morning I was walking into the large greeting card company-adjacent to the Irish Fest grounds- at which I'm employed when I heard a familiar and distictive sound; the clanging of tent poles hitting the pavement. A sound that to me means that Irish Fest is setting up. Had it all been a dream? Was it really the beginning of September and not October? Did we really get to do it all over again?

Alas, no. Irish fest remains a distant 336 days away. But the event those poles and their corresponding tents are for is one you might want to check out anyway. It's the first Hallmarket, an art fair featuring a passel (70+) of my fellow social expression* artists exhibiting and offering for sale their personal art work. It's running from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM tomorrow up on the square directly above the Irish Fest Miller Lite Stage. The red level of the parking garage is just outside.

I won't be participating, sadly thwarting your plans to buy your loved one a lifesized self portrait of old Uncle Bloggy. But I'm sure you can find something just as good. Check it out.

*Yes, that's really what they call what we do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it started Saturday. Does it start today?

Danny Regan said...

Correct, tomorrow. I forgot to make that clear. It's a one day only event. Thanks for the correction.