Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sing Song

Here's something you may not know about me: I'm arguably the world's worst singer. Perhaps you guessed that. At any rate, it's true. When my son Tom was about 2, I was singing him a song and he actually put his hand over my mouth and said "Papa, you're a tewwible singer." The only reason baby Kate hasn't done that is because she can't talk or work her hands that well yet.

But you...ah sure, you sing like a linnet. The sounds that come wafting out of your mouth make angels weep with joy and record producers race toward you waving contracts and satchels full of million dollar bills. You're the Irish Idol. And this year at Irish Fest, you can share your gift with the world or at least the other people in our new Irish karaoke tent.

We're calling it "Kerry O'Key", 'cause we're clever like that. It's free, it's fun and it's your chance to say, "yes, I performed at the Kansas City Irish Fest. And I killed." Look for it in the park right by the Shamrocker guitar game and the Jig Jig Revolution tent.

1 comment:

April said...

I think we could have a sing-off to see who is the world's worst singer. I might give you a run for the money.

Then again, no one should be subjected to that....