Wednesday, August 18, 2010

North

So yeah, I'm headed up to Milwaukee in the morning with Irish Fest's Interactive Gaming committee chair Tommy Regan. Tommy is going to Milwaukee to work. I'll be spending at least some of my time getting a preview of our own Irish Fest, kicking off in just 16 days. Some first time KC performers are playing Milwaukee and I'll be reporting to you from there about what I see and hear. Look for reviews of shows from Girsa, McPeake, Andreas Transo, Evans and Doherty, Screaming Orphans and Red Hot Chilli Pipers. Sadly, I'll miss the Guggenheim Grotto show on Sunday due to an early flight. I'll also be getting reacquainted with some all friends from KC fests past, present and future like Slide, Cherish The Ladies, The Young Dubs, The Makem and Spain Brothers, Seamus Kennedy, Different Drums of Ireland, and our first announced 2011 band, Gaelic Storm. If there's somebody on the Milwaukee roster that you'd like to see here next year, let me know and I'll check them out. I'll be carrying contracts on a roll like Charmin.

Stay tuned here for all the news from Suds City.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are as soft as Charmin.

Danny Regan said...

Oooookay...

Anonymous said...

I would love to see Schooner Fare and Green Fields of America play the KCIF.

Also, if you get a chance, can you ask how Danny Doyle is doing? He used to be a regular on the Irish Fest circuit, but according to his website he is recovering from surgery from 2007.

Have a great time in Milwaukee!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Nothing about the bands, but how great would it be to have a nifty little custom festival planner thingy function like that roster?!?