Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Love, Love, Love

February is only days away, and St. Valentine's Day is only days after that, so I hope you've been busy composing your messages of love for Tir na Blog's special heart day issue.

It can be hard I know to get those special, squishy love feelings into words. But as is so often the case, I'm here to help. Feel free to fill in the blanks and use one of these if your creative juices ain't flowing.

Oh, _________ my dear, how can I say
Upon this lovey-dovey day
the words I hope won't seem too rude:
I'd like to see you in the nude.

Or...

If I could make a Valentine
For you, _________, true love of mine,
It would be the finest seen
In pink, carmine and tangerine.
Its surface bright, its words sublime
T'would speak of love that transcends time.

If I could make a card for you
As those folks at Hallmark do
I'd wrap it all with lacy border,
So please rescind the restraining order.

Send your messages of love before February 12th to irishfestlove@yahoo.com and then watch the sparks–or perhaps the fists–fly.

No comments: