Tuesday, June 09, 2009

May Yer Lums Reek Lang And Weil

This weekend brings the Kansas City Scottish Highland Games, where at last all you kilt wearers can do your thing without getting any grief from me at all. And in deference to the good Dr. Henry Spangler, members of the clan Hanna, and all the other fine Scots out there, I will also refrain from any snarky comments about the sound of Highland pipes. Nor will I mock the eating of Haggis or sports that involve chucking telephone poles, bowling balls on chains and boulders.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

I kid of course, because I love the Scots and this is a really great, fun event that you should bring the entire tartan-clad family to. Friday, Saturday and Sunday in E.H. Young Park in Riverside, Missouri, the festival features performance by The Elders, The Young Dubliners, Tartanic, The Kelihans, Kelly and a sporran full of other great players. You'll also find whiskey tasting, sword fighting (not at the same time), history, crafts, genealogy, food, drink and something called "The Great Kilt Demonstration" which I am trying really hard not to make a joke about.

Get all the MacInformation you need about the Highland Games right here and head to the river this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA! Thanks, Dan!
- H