Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Raffle Redux

If you're like me, you buy a fistful of raffle tickets at Irish Fest every year, in hopes of hitting that lucky number. Unlike me, you're probably eligible to actually win. I should really stop buying those damn things. Anyway, this year instead of the same old boring trip for two to Ireland (yawn), you've got a brand new, even better awesome prize to win. This year the grand prize winner of the Irish Fest raffle will take home..drum roll please...a pony.

That's right, a genuine live Connemara pony (Simulated pony shown here. Your actual pony may vary).Yours to take home, ride to work, hitch to your plow, whatever. Train it to play Frisbee, bring in the paper or just keep you company as it curls up at your feet by the hearth. It's your very own small-to-medium-sized horse, all for a five dollar Irish Fest raffle ticket. The old grand prize, a trip to Ireland? Bah. Two weeks and an album full of photographs to show for it. But your very own pony? Now that's a prize that keeps on giving-and that you keep on enjoying, year after year after year until it eventually dies.

Raffle tickets will be on sale all Irish Fest weekend, $5 each or 5 for $20. Gittyup.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regan,

You are the April fool 12 months a year.


McCarthy

Anonymous said...

Is this the same as the pony you brought over to my house last night and he left a pile of pony poo in the family room? Not to worry I am a professional shite shuffler. I have my uniform from St. Patricks day.

Ed Scanlon

Anonymous said...

This is no April Fool joke - the prize of going to Ireland is the best deal of the festival.
Raffle Queen, Maureen

elizabeth said...

I hope I win cuz I always wanted a pony but my mean parents would never buy me one.