Friday, March 06, 2009

Spectacular

Tonight at 8:00, "The Irish Spectacular" at the Folly Theater downtown brings a night of Irish music performed by the Dublin Philharmonic Orchestra and guest artists Frankie Gavin (fiddle), Aidan O’Brien (Uilleann pipes and Irish flute), Cora Venus Lunny (fiddle), Eric Cunningham and Peadar Townsend (bodhran and percussion), and “Women of Ireland”, though presumably not all of them, on vocals, violin, and dance.

Get your tickets and your info right about here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geezus. At first I thought you were kidding. If it was Frankie and Aidan alone then it would still be a 'must see'. If anyone in KC really cares anything at all about Irish music then I would suggest popping on over to the Folly this evening. You won't be sorry.

Anonymous said...

My lovely wife and I are planning an evening of it. Dinner at Raglan Road, walk up to the Folly, back to Raglan for a whiskey and dessert and a bus ride back to Brookside. It should be fantastic. Kevin, I'll think of you while were there...not long but I will think of you.
Ed Scanlon

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you clarified that, Ed.