Friday, February 06, 2009

Band Announcement

You've been very patient with us these last few Fridays and I thank you. I really do have a band announcement for you today, too.

I know an Irishman who manages an Irish pub in Berlin. I have a friend from Kerry who has been in Irish pubs in places like Dubai and Abu Dhabi. It's an amazing thing how the culture of this small island has circled the globe. So too with the music. The traditional music of Ireland is played in every corner of the big green world. Spend some time on You Tube if you don't believe me. Which brings me to today's band.

With members named Gudrun Walther, Sandra Steinort, Jürgen Treyz, Claus Steinort and Rolf Wagels, you'd probably guess that Cara doesn't come from Skibbereen. But listening to this amazing German band, you'd think again.

Take a minute of two and get to know Cara and you'll be as excited as we are that they'll be joining us in 210 days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Can't wait. And it's good to see that even internationally, the axiom holds true - the fiddler is good looking and the bodhran player is, well... a talented musician.
- Steve

Danny Regan said...

That's the funniest...and truest thing I've read in a long time.

Anonymous said...

My wife and I are delighted that Cara will be at Kansas City this year. We saw them in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids and Chicago last year and not only are they fantastic musicians, they are also some of the nicest people you will ever meet. I have played Irish music for 15 years and, after joining them in a couple sessions, I am certain they already know more Irish tunes than I ever will. They will be a great addition to the KC Irish Fest.

Dean

Anonymous said...

they are very good. women are beautiful. colorado

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure about the axiom... I don't think it holds true for us female fans.