Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Spring Storm

One of the perks of my job at Irish Fest is getting to meet the performers who entertain our crowds every Labor Day weekend. I don't get to spend time with all of them and not all of them are interested in hanging out with the client in their down time. And frankly, some of them you wouldn't want to hang out with. Yeah, I'm talking to you, Delahunt.

A notable exception: the members of Gaelic Storm. Whenever they play here, whether Irish Fest weekend or during the boring parts pf the year, I look forward to it for the music, sure, but also for the craic. So I'm excited that GS will storm back to town in March to kick off the holiday season in style. And if you're wondering "what holiday season?" maybe you're on the wrong blog.

March 7th, a Saturday at 7:00 PM, it's an all-ages show at Westport's Beaumont Club. Now if you've been to that particular venue in the past, maybe for Gaelic Storm's show there last year, you know it's kind of...oh, how can I put this delicately? A crap hole. Well, no longer. The Beaumont has been closed for some weeks and a few weeks more getting a much needed face lift and by the time Murphy, Twigger and Co. take the stage I'm sure it will a palace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh thank god! Beaumont was one nasty place. I hope they make the bathrooms purty.

Anonymous said...

hey bloggy,
remember that deal from last year for the GS show??
I think you do. hook me up, brother.

Anonymous said...

I once barfed in the old Beaumont bathroom. Must christen the new digs in an equally appropriate manner......