New Year's resolutions are a dicey business. Admit it, how many of your annual vows toward betterment survive until Valentine's Day? But like the new year, resolutions seem to be unstoppable. And who knows? Maybe some of them will stick this time. Here are a few of mine:
1. I will try to hear more music at Irish Fest this year. To actually sit down and listen to entire set, to really take in a whole...oh, who am I kidding. Forget this one. Won't happen.
2. I will treat our new Irish Fest president Ed Follis with all the respect and gravitas that his high and distinguished office demands when referring to him here at Tir na Blog. Just like I did with the other guy. What was his name again?
3. I will get a full 8 hours of sleep a night Irish Fest weekend and will eat three square, healthful and nutritious meals each day, while limiting myself to one small glass of light beer. I will also sprout wings and a beak and rename myself Paddy McParrot while flying around the State Street Stage canopy.
4. I will write intelligent, well composed, thoughtful and insightful blogs posts that...I'm sorry, I can't even type that with a straight face.
5. I will graciously welcome new director Davey Colgan on our board, while making every effort to help him acclimate himself to the inner workings of Irish Fest, and that has nothing to do with the fact that he works for a brewery and can get me free beer.
6. I wiil try to havve fewor typping mistyakes on the blog.
7. Lastly, if it's happening at Irish Fest, I'll make sure that you hear about it first, right here at Tir na Blog. I promise.
And you? What have you got planned for 2009?