Thursday, September 20, 2007

More Input

You all have made such great suggestions for next year's music, I'm giving you another job. Next month a few Irish Fest directors and I are heading out to the annual Irish Festival Directors and Promoters Conference. This year we're very excited that the conference is being held in conjunction with the Celtic Colours Festival in Cape Breton. The musical line up for this event is stunning and huge. Many of the performers I'm familiar with. Many more I'm not. Which is where you come in.

Check out the list of performers. See somebody you think we should audition? Let us know. We won't be able to get to them all, but we're open to suggestions and tips about don't-miss music that might not be our radar screen.

Here's the list. What do you think?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard The Cheiftains aren't bad...

Danny Regan said...

Okay, let me clarify. I'm looking for suggestions on bands we may not have heard of!

Anonymous said...

Karen Casey Band. She used to be with Solas and is good in her own right.

Anonymous said...

Karan Casey has a pretty little voice, but it would get lost anywhere but on the inside stage. Singing about murder with a voice that small just doesn't work for me. IMHO

Anonymous said...

Ok, not having a lot to do today, I went through the list, listened to all that had samples of their music, and selected the ones I would try to see if I were going.

Wency MacIsaac
The McDades
Shooglenifty
Saltfishforty
Mary Jane Lamond
Lewis MacKinnon
Lau
Genticorum
Tuig

Disregard at your leisure.
Cami

Anonymous said...

The Barra MacNeils would just about ensure that I'd be catching a flight back down from Columbus next year... Dougie MacLean... Mary Jane Lamond... Ron Hynes is an amazing songwriter but I suppose he tends a bit more to the country than an Irish fest might go for... Shooglenifty I've never seen but I've heard good things about them... certainly enough to pique my interest at any rate...

Anonymous said...

well...besides my obvious choices of Luka Bloom & Christy Moore I would say John Prine (I know he's not irish but his wife is, doesn't that count?) I would love to see Sabrina Dinan, Louise Killeen, Pol McAdaim, Conor Byrne, Robbie Dunn........