Saturday, September 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Erin!

There are birthdays, and then there are Birthdays. This is one of the latter.

Irish Fest director Erin Kiekbusch, who by the way just completed her rookie year as a director, is entering a new decade today. Decorum and proper breeding forbid me from announcing a lady's age in such a public forum as this, but I'll give you a hint: she's done with her 20's and she's a long way from her 40's.

I recall that I wrote Erin a song for her something-9th birthday last year. This year, because I'm a year classier, a haiku.

Summer ends, years pass.
Fall is here, but like summer
gone by, you're still hot.

We call her Sunshine around here. You can call her the birthday girl. A quiet evening of reflection at home is planned for the occassion.

Happy birthday Sunshine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it Danny! Thanks!!! And thanks for partaking in the quiet evening of reflection last night. It was great having you guys there!!! Erin

Anonymous said...

That was the most fun I've ever had 'reflecting'. Cheers to you Erin!

-Sarah (and Barney)