Friday, August 31, 2007

We're 5 at 5:00!

Well well.

Kansas City Irish Fest 2007. We're five years old today. A year's worth of work, worry, planning, puttering, meetings and mutterings comes to fruition in a whisper less than ten hours. I need to get to work, so I'll be brief here.

Come see us. We open today at 5 PM. Remember, tickets for today will be $10 at the gate, but you can purchase and print a $5 ticket (good for today only) on our web site.

Don't bring outside food and drink with you, 'cause Patti and Kevin and the crew at the gate will confiscate it and eat it in front of you and nobody wants that. We've got plenty for you to eat and drink inside the gates.

Wear your sunscreen. It's going to be a beautiful weekend, and Irish skin burns easily. Slather that stuff on, kids.

Though we do our best to avoid it, there might be lines to wait in here and there.
Be patient and nice to your fellow festival goers. We're all here for a good time.

Say hello! My fellow directors and I will be wandering around, some of us taking surveys and we'd love to meet you. We'll all be wearing big name tags so you'll know it's us. Mine will not say Uncle Bloggy, if you're looking for that.

Bring the kids. I was kidding yesterday. I do not think kids are stupid. My own sons have been smarter than me since they were about 2. I love kids and we have an incredible weekend planned for them at Irish Fest.

Thanks for checking in here with me every day. Posts might be spotty over the weekend, as you might imagine. And when we're all done, remember I'm right here all year, keeping you updated on all things Irish Fest. Keep in touch.

That's it. Gotta go finish building a festival. See yiz all in a few hours. Slainte!

No comments: