Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Family Dynamics

I come from a big family. Eight siblings, God only knows how many first cousins. So it was hard growing up to stand out from the crowd. Still is. My brother Patrick and I have an ongoing "Good Son" competition. He'll clean out Mom's gutters, say, and then call me to tell me about it. "Hello, Bad Son..." he'll say, instantly letting me know that I'll be painting Mom's front porch over the weekend. I bet it's the same with you.

Well, I know how you can raise that family oneupmanship bar. You be the one to plan the big family reunion at Irish Fest this year. It's easy. E-mail Carol. Reserve one of the remaining slots. Collect a few bucks from all the cousins...it won't take much. And done. Then you spend Irish Fest weekend basking in the glory of being the guy or gal who put it all together. The one who had the great idea, the one who "planned" this whole great event. That's got to be good for a lot of weekends of chores at Mom's house.

A few spots remain. Be a good kid. Reserve yours now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much $? You artsy types never close.

Danny Regan said...

Different packages are available. E-mail Carol for all the information and the available spots.