Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Elders Off

There's a big story in the local Kansas City Star today about the trip to Ireland that The Elders and 150 of their fans are about to take. The band and their dedicated horde will be trailed by a film maker who will film the fans, who will be filming them as they film the band and each other. All of which seems to me to be a huge mistake.

I mean really. Imagine that you're on this trip. You're thousands of miles from home. You're spending every single night in a different pub, listening to your favorite band. The stout flows. Do you really want this captured on film?

I see only one way this will work. Only one way disaster can be avoided. The Elders need to bring me along as a chaperone. It's a sacrifice on my part, I know. But I'm a giver, that's just how I roll. So Ian, I'll be packed. Swing by and pick me up on the way to the airport. And you camera guys...uh, look the other direction.

No comments: