Monday, November 20, 2006

Love Fest

In our local paper's Sunday magazine, they have this feature where they tell the story of how some Kansas City couple got together. They unimaginatively call the column "Love Story". Yesterday's paper featured this heart warming tale:

"The band was playing. The beer was flowing. Twenty eight year old Trish Tjaden and her girlfriend were enjoying the 2001 Brookside Irish Fest when a drunken man asked her to pass some beers to the back of the area. Trish handed the beer to the man next to her, 26 year old Matt Chandler, who passed the beer on. They started chatting and and along with their friends, spent the rest of the evening together."

Well, romance fans, I bet you can guess the rest of the story. Matt and Trish got roaring drunk listening to Flogging Molly, hooked up for the night and never saw each other again.

I'm joking of course. Numbers were exchanged, dating ensued, wedding bells rang, happily ever after, yadda yadda yadda. Now at that 2001 Brookside Irish Fest, it so happens that my job was to run our three beer tents. So I take full credit, as the man that made that beer exchange possible, for this happy union. I await my thank you note, Matt and Trish.

The thing is, we get a lot of romantic goings-on at Irish Fest. We've had proposals, just marrieds in full wedding garb, and I bet more than a few of the kind of encounter I alluded to before. So if you or someone you know has found love or something like it at Irish Fest, feel free to click that comment button and let us know.

Congratulations and many happy years together Matt and Trish. And you're welcome.

1 comment:

David Shaughnessy said...

I think they were hooking up during Black 47 (BIF2001), not Floggin' Molly (BIF2002).