Thursday, June 08, 2006

Venuto Domani al Partito!

Our sister festival at Crown Center, The Festa Italiana opens tomorrow at 5:00 and you should be there. Need some reasons, other than me just telling you that should go? Here you go:

Why the Irish should go to an Italian Festival:

1. Italian food makes Irish food taste like it's all been boiled, fried, made from potatoes, or all three. Which of course, it has.

2. There just aren't that many countries that start with "I", and I don't think the Iraqi Fest will be a lot of fun this year.

3. Sinatra, baby.

4. The Godfather, 1 and 2: Best. Movies. Ever.

5. Many Irish names, spelled backward, become Italian names. O'Connor, Ronnoco. O'Sullivan, Navilluso. That's gotta mean something.

6. A map of Italy looks like a boot. A map of Co. Cavan turned upside down looks kind of like a sock that's all stretched out at the top. Uncanny!

7. The Italian word for “drink” is “bere” which is almost “beer”.

8. Italian women are the second most beautiful in the world. (Hey, I’m married to an O’Hara. I’m not stupid.)

9. Even though we all know St. Brendan got to America first, Christopher Columbus did okay, too.

10. Festa Italiana is headed by the very Italian Keli O’Neill Wenzel.


I can’t see how you could possibly stay away now. I'll see you there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog is reason #874 why I love Dan Regan.

Danny Regan said...

I love you too, Sunshine.