Saturday, June 24, 2006

Meet The Staff

The Kansas City Irish Fest is a big deal. The people want to know...nay, the people MUST know, the latest news about Irish Fest. I do my small part here, but when you need serious info, when you need the whos, whats, wheres and whys, don't ask me. I make up half the stuff I put up here anyway.

When you really need to know, ask Libby Nolan:

Okay, I'll ask Libby. Libby, tell us about yourself.

I was born and raised in St. Louis but call Kansas City home now. My family and I moved to Overland Park, Kansas from St. Louis 4 years ago. In St. Louis, I was the owner/president of Image Matters, Inc. a marketing communications firm that represented Dixie Stampede in Branson, MO, Laclede's Landing, Raging Rivers Waterpark, Big Muddy Blues Festival, Delta Dental, Arthritis Foundation of Greater St. Louis among others. My real claim to fame was that I was Bugs Bunny at Six Flags-St. Louis.

And we tried hard to find you a job as a big, furry mascot for Irish Fest, believe me. But your job with the Fest is what?

Media Relations coordinator/helper/liason between Pat O'Neill and the Kansas City media.

Well, that's important, too. So how do you get from Bugs Bunny to Irish Fest?

First, I married into a large Irish-Catholic family and we have always been big advocates of our Irish heritage. But it was a St. Louis-turned-Kansas City friend of 20 years, Joe Donnelly, who introduced me to irish Fest executive director Keli O'Neill Wenzel and the rest is history.

I know you're relatively new to our Irish Fest family, but what do like best about the Fest?

The best thing about KCIF is that it is a fun-filled weekend activity that the entire family can enjoy together. Something for everyone. Of course, the Irish food can't be beat! I just can't get my fill of that on a daily basis.

Thanks, Bugs.

If you have questions about Irish Fest, you can ask Libby, too. Just drop her a line at lnolan2@mindspring.com or call her at 913-226-9682. She's also put up lots of good stuff on our media page.

No comments: