Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Meet The Staff

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the updates to our Heritage Page on the Irish Fest website. There are a couple sneak peeks at the displays we have in store for you in the Irish Heritage area of the Fest. And when I say "we", of course, I don't mean "all of us here at the Kansas City Irish Fest".

I mean Barbara.

Barb is the undisputed boss, brains, heart and soul of Irish heritage here at KCIF and arguably in the entire city. She has forgotten more about genealogy that you and I will ever know. Tell her your last name and she'll tell you where your grandfather got his hair cut back in Enniskillen. Tell her your granny's maiden name and she'll let you know if she had a slate or thatch roof on her cottage back in Annascaul. I exaggerate, but little. She's a veritable font of Irish history and folklore. She's a wonder.

In spite of her tender youth, Barbara has been in the Irish Fest business in Kansas City since the very beginning, as a founding committee member of the Brookside Irish Fest, and has been rightfully been called the Queen of Irish Fest. Our heritage area is her baby and one of the most popular aspects of Irish Fest, drawing huge crowds every year. Be sure to say hello when you stop by in September. I guarantee she'll be there when you do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And she was a fabulous preschool teacher...I'm just sayin'

Danny Regan said...

McCarthy, you can "buy" me a beer and we'll go learn some history together in the Heritage Area.