Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Bhoy, Oh Bhoy. Don't Miss This Show.

When some of my fellow directors and I were in Pittsburgh last month at the Irish Festivals Promoters conference, we got see a performance by a Canadian band called The Glengarry Bhoys at the Saturday night music showcase. I'd seen them before a couple times and I'd been listening to their CDs for years. They were, as expected, fantastic and according to Shocko are on our short list of future KCIF performers. So I'm very excited that they'll be here next week, at the Record Bar on the 17th.

High energy, great musicianship, tight harmonies, and lots of fun. You won't stay in your seat for long.

Speaking of that Pittsburgh conference, here's what the Bhoys fiddler/singer Miranda Mulholland had to say about the show there on the Bhoys website:

The gig was a showcase for Irish Festival acts and what talent. Kevin Burke was there!!! That was pretty thrilling for me. There was also a super Acadian band called Vishten and a really fun band of hotties called Scythian. We played a good set and were happy to see the crowd standing up and clapping along. Thanks for the wicked sound work, Jay! After the gig, there was a mighty ceilidh first at the venue and then back at the hotel. I think Ewan gets the prize for 'sticking it out' because he went to bed last at 5am.

Let the record show that Keli, Ed and I stuck with it until 5:00, as well.

Glengarry Bhoys at the Record Bar, 9:00 PM Wednesday May 17th.

1 comment:

David Shaughnessy said...

I just talked to the "Bhoys" and they are very excited to come to KC.