Monday, September 14, 2009

Withdrawal Symptoms

Alright, I have a confession to make. I'm not proud of it. This past week, post-KC Irish Fest I've gone out of my way to avoid hearing Irish music. When the Saw Doctors or Kila or the Glengarry Bhoys would come up on my iPod while running, I'd hit the skip button faster than I could plant my next step. Just the thought of another jig, reel or sweet-fancy-Moses another damn bagpipe would send a shudder through me. I wanted the Black Velvet Banned. The Foggy Don't. Not even The Mild Rover for me, thanks.

But I'm about over it. And just in time too, because I'm going to Raglan Road on Thursday night and I hope you'll come with me. Thursday is September 17th which is halfway to St. Patrick's Day. And Raglan Road, as they are wont to do, are having a party. Half price fish and chips, drink specials, live music with Eddie Delahunt & Friends, live dancing with the lovely Bridgid Driscoll and creamy pints of Raglan Road Stout as black as Oliver Cromwell's soul. The music begins at 6:00 PM.

In other Raglan Road news, that delicious traditional Irish breakfast they served Irish Fest weekend, the one my mother raved about, is now a regular feature on weekends from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Maybe now that Irish Fest is over I can get down there for it.

So c'mon, let's get back on that Irish horse, shall we? Raglan Road, Thursday night, halfway to Patrick's Day, you and me. I promise to leave the iPod at home.

Raglan Road is at the corner of 14th and Grand. Cheap and nearby parking is in the garage off the 13th Street.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Having enjoyed that Irish Breakfast I can only say YIPPEE! I know where we'll have breakfast the next time we're in KC!