Monday, December 16, 2013

And The Bells Were RInging Out

I believe strongly that some things should just be left alone. Casablanca should never be remade. The Mona Lisa does not need an update. But sometimes, every once in awhile a respectful reinterpretation of a perfect thing is okay.

My sister Carol, she of Irish Fests's "The Snug" fame, sent me this link today of a cover of The Pogues' classic "Fairy Tale Of New York" done by a kind of mash-up group of Iron & Wine, Calexico, Glen Hansard and Kathleen Edwards. And I half to admit...it's pretty great.

See what you think. And for balance, with the only other non-Shane version I approve of, here's Christy below.

And Carol reminds you: A Snug membership for 2014 makes a GREAT Christmas gift.

Happy Christmas. I love you, baby.

No comments: