Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Turn Up Your Radio

Twice a year  when I go to write this particular blog post about being on the radio for the KCUR pledge drive and I try to think of a title for it, the line that pops into my head is "Turn Up Your Radio."

That is a line from Van the Man Morrison's classic "Caravan." I always figure most people who read this will know that and they'll silently congratulate me on my clever musical reference. I'm more than likely wrong about that, as I usually am when I place the words "me" and "clever" in the same neighborhood.

At any rate, it's a good excuse to hear a great song before we continue with the business at hand. Has Ireland ever produced a more staggering talent? Ah, feck it, let's hear another Van Morrison radio-themed song, this one with the great Irish poet Paul Durcan. The business at hand can wait.

No comments: