Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Long Journey

I was thinking this morning. Shocking to those of you who know me, I know.

I was thinking about the incredible connections that Keli is making in Ireland, both with world class entertainers and the very highest of Irish government officials. And I was thinking about a soggy Saturday afternoon ten and a half years ago. Bob Sullivan, Ed Scanlon, Ed Follis, Kyle Kelly, Patti Aylward, Pat O'Neill, me, and our young, newly-hired employee Keli sat ankle deep in mud and made the very painful decision to close down the first Kansas City Irish Fest. It felt like a death in the family. We lost a lot of money but not our determination or our heart.

And here we are, not quite 11 years later and a representative of what is now one of the largest and most successful Irish events in the nation is meeting with TDs and Taoiseachs and having them ask her what they can do to help us. What an incredible journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree! Well-earned congratulations!