Thursday, January 03, 2013

2013? Wait, What??

Wow, I had no idea that I hadn't been here since Christmas day. What a slacker. Here you've been wondering what's going on with Irish Fest and I've been off making merry for a week and a half. I'm sorry, kids.

So listen, happy new year! How was your celebration? I hope safe and silly. I was away at the frozen-over lake for the ringing in of lucky '13, popping corks with some fellow festies, friends and 15, yes 15 children between the ages of 2 and 14, all in one not-that-big house. Chaos is too meek a word. But tons of fun. Now that I think about it, it was a good rehearsal for Irish Fest.

So we're back now and today happens to be one of my favorite days of the year. No, not because it's St. Finlugh's Day either...although I will having my big annual St. Finlugh's Day party tonight. Hope you can all stop by after the parade. No, today is special because today is the day that the artwork for the 2013 Kansas City Irish Fest cow was delivered to me. It's like Christmas only cowier.

Wanna see this year's bovine beauty? You will. Soon. Here. While you wait, maybe make your own cow. Easy peasy, udder squeezey.

No comments: