Friday, July 20, 2012

Local Boy Makes Hay

In my misspent youth I had a little business stripping paint and varnish off the woodwork in the grand old houses of Kansas City's midtown. My partner in grime was Michael Shaughnessy, the older brother of Irish Fest entertainment boss Dave "Shocko" Shaughnessy. Mike has since moved on to bigger, better and less toxic things as a professor of sculpture at the University Of Southern Maine.

Mike has embarked on an epic journey of art, whimsey, and hay that will eventually bring him back through Cowtown. It's worth a minute of your time to check out.

3 comments:

martha said...

Truly cool! Sorry he will miss Arkansas.

michaels said...

I am open to possibilities and along the way there is room to wobble.I love Arkansas. I have a close connection to Eureka Springs

Anonymous said...

You have a close connection in Fayetteville too if you need to rest your hay! Think it over...

Jenny and Garth