Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Jiggled

So different and yet so the same. I spent the weekend at Jiggle Jam where I served on Saturday as the beverage guy, running cases of drinks and bags of ice to all the various places where one might get a drink. Sunday I served as Daddy, taking wee Kathleen around to hear the bands, ride the train, eat the treats and most thrilling for her, meet Jiggle Jam mascot JJ in person. Being at Crown Center, badge around my neck, radio on my hip, hanging banners above white tents, working alongside Keli, Barney, Shawn, Kathy, John, Erin, Jessica, Dan, Sean, Ed and assorted other Irish Festers who do double duty at Jiggle Jam...it all seemed very familiar, only with way fewer green shirts, much more water sold than beer, and mercifully, 100% kilt free (though I did see at least one favorite Scot there).

Anyway, it put me in the fest mood, that's for sure. And with Irish Fest only 94 days away I won't have to wait long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, favorite Irishman.