Friday, May 18, 2012

Brew Crew News

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." -Abraham Lincoln

And that's why Abraham Lincoln was our greatest president. And if you need the real facts about beer, here they are. This year's Irish Fest brewing contest takes on the Scottish or Irish Ale category. If you're an amateur home brewer and think you have the magic recipe, it's time to get to work. Make sure you follow the Beer Judging Certification Program (BJCP) guidelines for category #9 beers. Your entry will be accepted up until 4 p.m., Saturday, August 18 at Bacchus and Barleycorn.

Now you may ask: "Uncle Bloggy. If we were to drop off some of our extra beer at your house, could you maybe fix the contest so I'd win? Hmmmm?" Well, first of all I'm shocked that you'd ask such a thing. Second of all, if you wanted to go ahead and drop off that extra beer, I can neither confirm nor deny that I can influence the judging* in your favor. So, you know, go ahead and give me that beer if you want.

Good luck brewers!


*Actually, I can deny it. I can't help you.

No comments: