Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Going Number 2

A gaggle of Irish Festers headed by fest president Laren "Cumulonimbus" Mahoney attended the St. Patrick's Day Parade awards ceremony over the just completed weekend where they graciously accepted this handsome plaque for our second place win in the Organizations division in this year's parade down Broadway.

They're lucky I wasn't there, I'll tell you that. Gracious, I would not have been. Second place...not good enough, my friend. Not good enough. As the great Fighting Irish Coach Knute Rockne once said, "second place is just the first loser even if you do lose to the very nice people at The Harp and Shamrock and God bless them for all the great work they do for hearing impaired children in our community."

Second place. Why, if I'd been there, I'd have taken that plaque and told them exactly what they could do with it, boy. Probably something like "hang it in a nice spot where everybody could see it, like maybe over the mantle", but I'd have been thinking something worse, more painful and probably anatomically difficult if not impossible.

Anyway, congratulations to us and HUGE thanks to the whole crew who gave up so many hours and brain cells to conceive, design, build and tear down the float and a special shout out to Ed and Barb Scanlon for letting us once again invade their driveway.

Second place...jeez...

No comments: