Friday, November 11, 2011

Waltzing With Eddie

I'm listening to Eddie Delahunt's new CD "Waltzing With Nancy"as I write this and here's what I think you should do. First of all, make plans to stop by Mike Kelly's Westsider this evening about 6:00 or so and catch Eddie's set. Have a pint or three of Boulevard Pale Ale. Order a basket of those great Westsider fries. And when Eddie takes a break walk right up to him and buy one of these discs for every person on your holiday shopping list. If you can't make it tonight, stop by the coffee shop (4448 Bell Street) in the morning and buy the CD there. It's lovely and I'm not just saying that because my nephew Tim plays backing guitar on it. (Which he does, by the way.) I'm saying that because Eddie has truly never sounded better. And, best of all he has at long last recorded his great version of Fairytale Of New York.

The complete song list:

Waxie's Dargle/Jock Stewart
Ordinary Man
Waltzing With Nancy
Whiskey In The Jar
Coldest Winter in Memory
Belfast Mill
Steal Away
Back Home In Derry
The Galway Races
Take Me Home To Mayo
The Foggy Dew
The Fairytale of New York

So do that, what I told you before. Don't forget to buy a copy for your own good self. Great record.

1 comment:

Carol said...

When your nephew was recording this he told me .. "there was this one great song, something about Christmas in New York".. what the heck!! A young musical encyclopedia he is & did not know this song! I had to enlighten him. And that was a sweet moment, as you can imagine.
Love the cd, Eddie! glad Tim could help!!