Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanks, Given

I'm late with this post because of frap.

See, my grandmother on the McCunniff side of the family always made cranberry frappe everything Thanksgiving. A kind of cranberry sorbet, all us kids and our assorted McCunniff cousins called it Pink Frap. My mom also made it every year and I grew up with it. Anyway it's kind of labor intensive and so it went by the wayside on the Thanksgiving menu several years ago. This year I decided to revive it. And it took a lot of time. Which is why I'm late saying this:

A very happy Thanksgiving to you and yours today. How lucky are we and thankful we should be to live in this wonderful place, to be surrounded by such loved ones, to have friends loyal and true. From all of us here at the Kansas City Irish Fest, we hope your day was full of family, love and joy. As mine was. We are so thankful for you, who make our little Irish party the success it's become.

And if you want to try your hand at cranberry frappe next year, let know and I'll give you the old McCunniff secret recipe. It's good stuff.

No comments: