Friday, September 16, 2011

Great Lakes And Funnel Cakes

Tommy and I are in Muskegon, Michigan for the annual Michigan Irish Music Festival which opens in an hour and a half and frankly, I'm a little disappointed. We've been in Michigan for a good 3 hours now and I have seen exactly zero wolverines. Wolverineless. I have been badly misled. Wolverine State my ass.

That aside, Muskegon is a lovely town on a beautiful lake. We were met at the airport in Grand Rapids by the friendly and informative Sean and driven here, 45 minutes down the road. Tommy and I are just about to walk down to the fest grounds to set up for the night. A good line up of music including Slide, one of my all time favorites and Goitse and Scythian, fresh from KC. And the always entertaining Seamus Kennedy. So if you're in the neighborhood, com eon down and play Shamrocker. Just don't be expecting to see any wolverines. Lying state motto.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Um. Well. I'm no expert on the dangerous mammals native to the northern US, however I thought Wisconsin = badgers and Michigan = wolverines. In which case, you've just angered not one but two volatile creatures. I'd sleep with one eye open, just to be on the safe side...

Brandi said...

Oh, internet, you fickle, editable mistress!! Way to make ME look like I don't know my indigenous dangerous northern mammals! Damn you! Daaaaaammmnnn yoooouuu!!

Anonymous said...

What about Hugh Jackman? Doesn't he play Wolverine? Maybe that's what they were talking about.