Tuesday, July 05, 2011

5th Of July And Rock And Roll

I don't know about you but I'm so tired today I can barely jig. But Irish Fest must roll on and so must I. Because guess what? We open in just 59 days, the gestation period of a red fox. Of course while we think that we're the best Irish Fest in the country, we're by no means the only one. Friends of ours across the nation are hosting their festivals in these summer months and I hope you get a chance to get out to some of them. I'll be heading to both the Milwaukee and Michigan festivals this year, but not as a VIP. I'll be going as the lackey and luggage hauler of young Tom Regan as he takes his Shamrocker guitar player video game on the road.

You may have played it here in Kansas City. You use a plastic electronic guitar to try and keep up with your favorite Celtic rockers as the notes to play flash in front of you on a TV screen. Top players on the "expert" level (you can also play on easy or medium) can try to beat Tommy's high score and win a prize. You can choose to jam along to songs by bands like The Young Dubs, Thin Lizzy, The Pogues, The Elders, Gaelic Storm, Flogging Molly and more. Best of all, it's free to play.

Come find Tommy at Kansas City, Milwaukee or Muskegon and try your luck.

No comments: