Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Letter To The Queen

Dear Queen Elizabeth II,

May I call you II? Listen, I've been following news reports of your trip to Ireland, the first by someone holding your job since your granddad crossed a hundred years ago. First of all, congratulations on that huge set of cojones. Seriously, I admire your going. It shows a lot of pluck and a lot of character. And you arrived in a green suit. Class, all the way.  I hope you're having a good time and have found time to get out to the pub. I'm guessing you should go in disguise, but you probably already thought of that.

Anyway, yer majesty, here's why I'm writing. I think it would be gas if you'd continue the "Hey, Sorry About All Those Centuries Of My Family Trying To Erase Your Culture" Tour by coming to the 2011 Kansas City Irish Fest. We would treat you like a...um...queen. I'm talking FREE hotel room, free beer, free t-shirts and VIP passes for you and Mr. Queen if you want to bring him. No promises here, but I might be able to get you back stage to meet Gaelic Storm, too. Maybe even intro a band if you play your cards right.

I know you're a busy sovereign, but check your calendar and get back to me. We'd love to see you here. Hey, you can even bring Pippa. You know, if you want. Whatever.

Sincerely

Danny

3 comments:

Snug sister Cee said...

As long as we're doing this without Board approval (I'm assuming), hey also included - Snug pass! Yes! Free food, free beer, your own bathroom - how could you say no? Your Queenship? We Snug girls will love you up.

Anonymous said...

Great idea, inviting the queen. Hey, she atteneded the Kentucky Derby a few years back. I think that was more about looking for an opportunity to wear one of her cool hats.

If she does attend the KCIF, fingers crossed, how about ending the Fest with a Sex Pistols rendition of "God Save the Queen". I think that would be a lot of fun!

Danny Regan said...

Board approval?? We don't need no steenking board approval!