Friday, September 10, 2010

Numbers, Part 2

We had our wrap up board meeting at the crack of dawn this morning and I can now officially announce that 2010 was the largest, most successful fest in our 8 year history. 100,000 people, give or take a dozen of your cousins came through the gates and records were set in virtually every other category that we keep track of. Some 4000 people attended Mass and made record donations to the Little Sisters Of The Poor through the collection plates. Our beer tents, staffed and benefiting local Catholic grade schools sold more beer, wine and Irish Cream than in any previous year. Thanks to our sponsors and you wonderful people, we can pay the bills for 2010 and make improvements and expansions in 2011. Best of all, myself and the rest of the board of directors voted to give ourselves a year end bonus of 40% of our Irish Fest salaries. So let's see, 40% of nothing is, umm...

On the heels of Best Fest Yet and on behalf of my fellow directors I want to publicly raise a glass to the incredible staff of committee heads and volunteers across the fest who are directly responsible for this amazing year. It's their hard work and dedication that keep this festival vibrant and thriving year after year. Thanks for making us look good. You know what? We'll give all of you that 40% bonus too, what the hell. Don't spend it all in one place.

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

Congratulations on a successful fest. I had fun working. Since that raise won't buy you sh..er, uh, nuttin, I'll buy you a beer next time I see you. Luckily, I don't run into you that often. Seriously, thanks for letting me be a part of this record breaking year. I'm going to stop now. It's getting deep in here. :)

Anonymous said...

I came from Iowa to the Kansas CIty Irish Fest for the first time this year. I really enjoyed your festival and plan to be back. It is an incredibly affordable festival. My highlight was Kila and Quixotic (that would have cost $50 for just the two of them). The only comment I would like to express is I wish your volunteers would show just a little bit of stress! They all seemed too cool and collected to have such a large festival. Bravo! See you next year!