Thursday, August 12, 2010

Joe King, No Joking

It gets lonely sometimes out here in Bloggyland. Lonely, dark, and cold...so very cold. So imagine my thrill to find a kindred soul.

My old friend Joe King with the Milwaukee Irish Fest–like me a former festival president who was driven from office and very nearly into federal prison by scandal and corruption (or maybe that was just me)–has launched a blog that gives you an inside peek at the biggest, mightiest Irish Festival on the entire planet, The Milwaukee Irish Fest. It's great stuff, and he's outclevered me in the naming department too, the bastard. "The Peat Blog" is up and running and is well deserving of a spot on your "favorite websites" thingy.

If you're headed to Milwaukee next weekend (and you should be), you be a fool to go without reading Joe's musings before and during. I assume he'll have plenty of time to be blogging during, because I know for a fact he doesn't do any actual work up there that weekend.

The Milwaukee Irish Fest, 30th Anniversary edition, kicks off a week from today.

No comments: