Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Help Wanted

Last night at the bartender training session I told you about I was talking to beverage boss Dan Leasure and he was telling me about the dearth of beverage crew volunteers so far signed up for Fest weekend. I told him I'd ask you all for help.

Workers are needed all weekend long with special need Friday noon-4:00* for beverage tents stocking. That's a good way to get your duties done early.

If you can help, please join the beverage crew. Remember there's some lifting involved so this job isn't for everybody. If you don't fit the bill, please send this to somebody who does:

Hey____________

I know you're probably busy working out or lifting weights or fighting crime or something, big strong (guy/gal) that you are, and I'm sorry to bother you. Please don't hurt me. But I heard about something today that made me think of you. It seems that the Kansas City Irish Fest is looking for stunning physical specimens like you to work the fest on their elite beverage crew. People like you with your rippling abs, sinewy back and chiseled arms. The job would be easy for you...moving cases of pop and water and bags of ice. Of course it also involves riding around through the festival in a golf cart making deliveries, so there's the distinct possibility that adoring members of the opposite sex might coming chasing after you once they see how that free volunteer shirt fits across your sculpted bod. So that's a downside. But other than that, the job is a lot of fun. And you'd be perfect for it. Why don't you sign up now, and bring some of your friends from the gym.

Thanks

your friend, _____________


* you won't see this time on the shift choices. Just make a note in the comments box that you want to work bar set up.

No comments: